Tuesday 12 October 2010

Blast from the past

Had a really lovely day yesterday, after reading a post on a forum about handmade buttons I was suddenly taken back 20 plus years to when I first started working in Cardiff in a little shop (and I mean a really small shop) called Claire Grove Buttons. I think I was about 16 but was given the chance to do what I loved being creative. Claire the owner made buttons from fimo and back in those days the fimo was rock hard so wasn't the easiest clay to use but the whole process of making the buttons like sticks of rock that you buy on holiday and getting the most fascinating designs it was so clever. The shop also sold Jewellery finding and beads, this was my favorite job sorting them out, making jewellery to sell and tidying up at the end of the day.

Working here I would say gave me the inspiration to start running my own business, you don't need to have a huge empire to have a successful business just the love of doing it is enough.
I'm also glad to see that the shop is still there and proves that the dream I was chasing and striving for can be a lasting one.

Visit Gifts-r-us.com

No comments: